Quick Mock Draft, 1/13
I promised myself I’d wait until the early-entrants list was finalized, but I couldn’t help myself. Here’s a quick two-round mock with commentary later:
- Houston Texans – Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
- St. Louis Rams1 – Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
- Jacksonville Jaguars – Blake Bortles, QB, UCF
- Cleveland Browns – Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
- Oakland Raiders – Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
- Atlanta Falcons – Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA
- Minnesota Vikings – Derek Carr, QB, Fresno St.
- Buffalo Bills – Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
- Detroit Lions – Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan St.
- Tennessee Titans – Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
- New York Giants – Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
- St. Louis Rams – Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
- Chicago Bears – Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh Steelers – Marqise Lee, WR, USC
- Baltimore Ravens2 – Cyrus Kouandijo, OT, Alabama
- Dallas Cowboys2 – Rashede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
- New York Jets – Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech
- Miami Dolphins – Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
- Arizona Cardinals – Jeremiah Attaochu, DE/OLB, Georgia Tech
- Green Bay Packers – C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama
- Philadelphia Eagles – Hasean “HaHa” Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama
- Cincinnati Bengals – Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri
- Kansas City Chiefs – Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt
- San Diego Chargers – Louis Nix III, NT, Notre Dame
- Cleveland Browns3 – Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida St.
- New Orleans Saints – Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
- Carolina Panthers – Zack Martin, OT/G, Notre Dame
- New England Patriots4 – Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
- San Francisco 49ers4 – Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma St.
- Denver Broncos4 – Trent Murphy, DE, Stanford
- Seattle Seahawks4 – Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
- Houston Texans – Kyle Van Noy, OLB, BYU
- Washington Potatoes5 – Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State
- Cleveland Browns – Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State
- Oakland Raiders – Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State
- Atlanta Falcons – Scott Crichton, DE, Oregon State
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
- Jacksonville Jaguars – Ryan Shazier, OLB, Ohio State
- Minnesota Vikings – Stephon Tuitt, DE, Notre Dame
- Buffalo Bills – La’el Collins, OT, LSU
- Tennessee Titans – Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson
- New York Giants – Trevor Reilly, DE, Utah
- St. Louis Rams – Calvin Pryor, FS, Louisville
- Detroit Lions – Odell Beckham, Jr., WR, LSU
- Pittsburgh Steelers – Marcus Roberson, CB, Florida
- Baltimore Ravens2 – Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State
- Dallas Cowboys2 – David Yankey, OT/G, Stanford
- New York Jets – Xavier Su’a-Filo, OG, UCLA
- Miami Dolphins – Ka’Deem Carey, RB, Arizona
- Chicago Bears – Ego Ferguson, DT, LSU
- Arizona Cardinals – Zach Mettenberger, QB, LSU
- Green Bay Packers – Lamarcus Joyner, CB, Florida State
- Philadelphia Eagles – Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU
- Cincinnati Bengals – Will Sutton, DT, Arizona State
- San Francisco 49ers6 – Davante Adams, WR, Fresno St.
- San Diego Chargers – Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
- New Orleans Saints – James Hurst, OT, North Carolina
- Indianapolis Colts – Gabe Jackson, OG, Mississippi St.
- Carolina Panthers – Paul Richardson, WR, Colorado
- San Francisco 49ers4 – Dion Bailey, SS, USC
- New England Patriots4 – Michael Sam, DE/OLB, Missouri
- Seattle Seahawks4 – Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers
- Denver Broncos4 – E.J. Gaines, CB, Missouri
And a bonus pick for Texans fans:
- Houston Texans – Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford
1 – from Washington via trade.
2 – subject to coin flip.
3 – from Indianapolis via trade.
4 – subject to playoff results.
5 – it is my personal policy not to refer to the Washington franchise with a nickname that is unquestionably racist. Thanks to some great artists out there on the Internet, the non-racist possibilities for the nickname have been brought to light. Should the franchise ever change its logo to the one linked here, I will then resume using that nickname.
6 – from Kansas City via trade.
Without a final list of early entrants, I had to do some guessing as to who would declare early and who would stay a year. It really only affected two prospects, as far as I know: With the information I had I decided to project Vic Beasley as staying but David Yankey as declaring.