(ed. note: Earlier this evening your editor found an unaddressed envelope in his mailbox. Inside was a yellowed piece of paper on which had been typed at the top, “Mock Draft For Publication Jan. 16 2014.” vixticator’s unmistakable signature was at the bottom. Attempts to contact him for editorial clarification were unsuccessful, so we simply publish the contents “as is”.)
Meant to publish this before the first Senior Bowl practice. There are a number of players I need to watch much more of and in subsequent additions to the mocking madness it’ll be updated for that. On the other hand, snubs such as Mister Manziel and Mister Barr were quite intentional. Play the game who got snubbed, who didn’t get seen with the entire family.
Other notes: primarily going straight value here (more or less!), match with team I’ll start thinking of at some point later in the process.
1. Houston Texans – Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
2. St. Louis Rams – Jadaveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
3. Jacksonville Jaguars – Blake Bortles, QB, UCF
4. Cleveland Browns – Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
5. Oakland Raiders – Khalil Mack, DE/OLB, Buffalo
6. Atlanta Falcons – Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
7. Tampa Bay Bucs – Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
8. Minnesota Vikings – Kony Ealy, DE/DT, Missouri
9. Buffalo Bills – Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
10. Detroit Lions – Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
11. Tennessee Titans – Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
12. New York Giants – Marquis Lee, WR, USC
13. St. Louis Rams – Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
14. Chicago Bears – Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
15. Pittsburgh Steelers – Jeremiah Attaochu, DE/OLB, Georgia Tech
16. Dallas Cowboys – Darqueze Denard, CB, MSU
17. Baltimore Ravens – Odell Beckham, WR, LSU
18. New York Jets – Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville
19. Miami Dolphins – Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama
20. Arizona Cardinals – Derek Carr, QB, Fresno St
21. Green Bay Packers – Kyle Van Noy, DE/OLB, BYU
22. Philadelphia Eagles – Telvin Smith, LB, FSU
23. Kansas City Chiefs – Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
24. Cincinnati Bengals – Zach Mettenberger, QB, LSU
25. San Diego Chargers – DaQuan Jones, DT, Penn St.
26. Cleveland Browns – CJ Mosley, ILB, Alabama
27. New Orleans Saints – Timmy Jernigan, DT, FSU
28. Carolina Panthers – Kelvin Benjamin, WR, FSU
29. New England Patriots – Michael Sam, DE, Missouri
30. San Francisco 49ers – Jordan Matthews, WR, Vandy
31. Denver Broncos – Carl Bradford, DE, Arizona St.
32. Seattle Seahawks – Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma St.
1 comment on Vixicator’s “Mocking the Draft: Part I”
Looks like I’m not the only one that is crushing on Telvin Smith